I have 2 applications. one is a console application and the other is a windows form application.

I need both of these to run together in order for my application to work. for example:

The console application - has controls over the cursor, so it'll navigate 5cm blocks from left to right on the screen.

The Windows form application - will be in the back ground, and when the cursor goes over the form different things will pop up

(the above is just as example)

What i need to do is, to run both these applications in just 1 click. as in when i run the solution, i need it to pop up the windows form and then launch the console application (which is in another solution), and finally to get my application running.

hope i made my question clear. This question might sound dumb, but i am new to C#. Please help.

Give me step by step instructions how to do this.

i am using Windows Visual Studio 2008.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Give me step by step instructions how to do this.

Does not sound very friendly, doesn't it?
So, I don't expect many answers to your question. :)

Question 1: Why a console app and a winform app? I think it might be easier to have just a winform app and that's all unless the console one does something special, but I don't see why it couldn't be combined.

Question 2: What's your goal in doing something like this? Seems odd to me. While it can be done, there might be a better, easier, more elegant way of doing whatever it is your trying to do.

Does not sound very friendly, doesn't it?
So, I don't expect many answers to your question. :)

I am not expecting many answers, but one correct answer :) Thanks for the reply.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.