I create one web application in vb.net then tell me can i run this web application
on another computer where visual-studio not installed.
please reply as soon as possible.....

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Well, if it is a web app it needs to be installed on a server like IIS. If you simply moved the files to another computer and expected them to run, that won't work.

commented: True! Found this out the hard way. +3

What hericles is saying is true. I have found this out the hard way.

Well, if it is a web app it needs to be installed on a server like IIS. If you simply moved the files to another computer and expected them to run, that won't work.

Thank you so much.. plaese tell me if i make exe of webapplication and move this exe to other computer then it work or not?

U cant make exe from web app. DLL's or ASPX pages have to be moved to the Server and you need to set the virutal directory for the application in IIS.

U cant make exe from web app. DLL's or ASPX pages have to be moved to the Server and you need to set the virutal directory for the application in IIS.

thanks..i make a project in vb.net and this project may be moved other pc which has no visual studio.i know it is not work. so what can i do for this?

if windows application you need to install the framework on the user machine. Which ur application needs in run time...

if windows application you need to install the framework on the user machine. Which ur application needs in run time...

thank you so much....

Please mark the thread as solved if it solved...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.