Program wont run error says
1>c:\users\owner\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\ia\ia\jb bakery.c(16) : warning C4013: 'sleep' undefined; assuming extern returning int
1>Linking...
1>JB Bakery.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _sleep referenced in function _welcome
1>C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\IA\Debug\IA.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Owner\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\IA\IA\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>IA - 2 error(s), 2 warning(s)

#include<stdio.h>
#include<conio.h>
#include<time.h>

void welcome();

int main()
{
	welcome();

getch();
}
void welcome()
{
	printf("\nWELCOME");
	sleep (1000);
	printf("JB Bakery Interface");

}

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

try to include the header unistd.h

try to include the header unistd.h

What you think this is a Unix/Linux based system?

What you think this is a Unix/Linux based system?

my bad... is it windows.h then?

Where is sleep() defined?

Where is sleep() defined?

I never knew i had to declare a sleep function how would i declare it

Depends on what you want it to do. You have to figure that out and write the function.

Or is there a different problem you have not expressed correctly?

Depends on what you want it to do. You have to figure that out and write the function.

Or is there a different problem you have not expressed correctly?

the problem is ive never used the time.h function before so i searched the internet and i thought just by doing it in the format in the code posted that it would work so could u lead me in the right direction

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.