Hello all, I hope this is the correct place to ask this question.
I joined 5 minutes ago so first off Ill say im a absolute noob at programming- I have no idea how to program. I have tried to learn over the years but have never been able to learn and quite frankly trying to climb the hill to success has been a hard treck.
So my problem is I need something to read or look at that shows how to do programming from a extremely basic standpoint; most programming books are written by programming pros so their "noob" book is way over my head.
I thank you all in advance to any ideas/help you offer.

Learning a programming language is not easy for most people, especially if you try to learn it by yourself. Forturnately, you have lots of help such as DaniWeb on the internet today. A good place to start is by reading one of the books suggested in this thread: http://www.daniweb.com/software-development/cpp/threads/70096/c-books

Take it very slow, don't try to read the book like you would a novel, and do all the exercises at the end of each chapter as well as test the code that's within the chapters until you understand what its trying to teach you. It can take a year or more to learn the language well enough to consider yourself a competent programmer.

Don't be afraid to ask us lots of questions. When you read something you don't understand, fire up you compiler, enter the code, compile it and run it. If you still don't understand then you can post a question here at DaniWeb and someone will attempt to help you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.