here is my code:

this is my select query where I concatenated the firstname, lastname, and middle initial..(and display it on the data grid)

Private Sub DisplayListOfPosition()
    query = "SELECT profNo as 'No', CONCAT(profFName,', ', profLName, ' ', profMI,'.') as 'Name', profAddress 
    as 'Address', gender as 'Gender' FROM tbl_professor_bs"
    FillDBGrid(query, Me.dgvProfessor_bs)
    Me.txtProfNo_bs.Enabled = False
  End Sub

I used cellclick on the other forms so that the data in the grid would display in textboxes.. my problem is, how would I display the concatenated columns in different textboxes?
this is my code(unfinished):

Private Sub dgvProfessor_bs_CellClick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCellEventArgs) Handles dgvProfessor_bs.CellClick
        Me.txtProfNo_bs.Text = Me.dgvProfessor_bs.Rows(e.RowIndex).Cells(0).Value.ToString()
        Me.txtProfFName_bs.Text = Me.dgvProfessor_bs.Rows(e.RowIndex).Cells(1).Value.ToString()
    End Sub

thank you in advance for your help! :)

Edited by ses03: wrong words

4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ses03

You've concatenated the fields in your query and you want to split them back out again?

You could try using the split function on the space character:

dim Names() as String

Names = dgvProfessor_bs.Rows(e.Rowindex).Cells(1).Value.Split(New Char() {" "c})

textboxFirstName.Text = Replace(Replace(Names(0), ",",""),".","")
TextboxLastName.Text = Replace(Replace(Names(1),",",""),".","")
TextboxMiddle.Text = Replace(Replace(Names(2),",",""),".","")

Edited by G_Waddell

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.