hi everybody , i need to solve this case as soon as possible :

i have the master table that include the following data :
(SerialNo - integer (P.K), civil-bit, mechanical-bit, etc)

and form that include the serial no text field that automatic increase by one each time the user click the new button what i need is when the user check the Civil check box the serial start from 1, when the user check on mechanical the serial should reset to 1 and continue, how i can do this witout change the structure of table , help me please ???

Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by SaRa Ahmad

when the user check the Civil check box the serial start from 1, when the user check on mechanical the serial should reset to 1 and continue,

actually i can't differentiate both line separated by ,

please make your statement more clear so we can identify the exact problem.

this is the code when the user click on the new to insert the serial number for civil :

If rs.State = adStateOpen Then rs.Close
    rs.Open "select max(SerialNo) from [Master_ShopDrawing] where  Projectno = '" & ProjectNo1 & "'", db, adOpenDynamic, adLockReadOnly
    If rs(0) <> 0 Then SerialNo.Text = rs(0) + 1 Else SerialNo.Text = 1
    Set rs = Nothing
    newflag = 1
SerialNo.Enabled = False
ToCons.SetFocus
rs.Open "select Consultants,ConsEng,Copy,Att from [Main data for the project] where projectno = '" & ProjectNo1 & "'", db, adOpenDynamic, adLockReadOnly
If Not rs.EOF Then
ToCons.Text = rs(0)
Att1.Text = ""
Copy.Text = rs(2)
att2.Text = ""
End If
End If

i need the same code to valid when chick to mechanical to start from 1 
This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.