Hey all, I've recently started programming in BF as my signature might give away... I just want to know if any of you have ever used it, and if you've ever been able to make something more than just a trivial ASCII based programme!

Here's an example of a BF programme that prints out the alphabet in upper case characters...

If anyone has a good understanding of this programming language I'd love to hear back from you!

Take care

+++++[>+++++++++++++<-]>.<<++[>+++++++++++++<-]>-[>+.<-]

Hey all, I've recently started programming in BF as my signature might give away... I just want to know if any of you have ever used it, and if you've ever been able to make something more than just a trivial ASCII based programme!

Here's an example of a BF programme that prints out the alphabet in upper case characters...

If anyone has a good understanding of this programming language I'd love to hear back from you!

Take care

+++++[>+++++++++++++<-]>.<<++[>+++++++++++++<-]>-[>+.<-]

It's pointless, mere fun really. To use it would be exactly the same as learning the semantics for any other language.

Seems rather strange, I wouldnt think it would be good for creating GUIs as it is mainly symbols so error finding might be rather tricky lol

I'll say. I just mean that what's the point of this language? I know it's just for fun, but [+++.+.>+.]++. means nothing to anyone, but it means "SmileyFace" to the interpretter...

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.