Hey all, I've recently started programming in BF as my signature might give away... I just want to know if any of you have ever used it, and if you've ever been able to make something more than just a trivial ASCII based programme!

Here's an example of a BF programme that prints out the alphabet in upper case characters...

If anyone has a good understanding of this programming language I'd love to hear back from you!

Take care

+++++[>+++++++++++++<-]>.<<++[>+++++++++++++<-]>-[>+.<-]

Hey all, I've recently started programming in BF as my signature might give away... I just want to know if any of you have ever used it, and if you've ever been able to make something more than just a trivial ASCII based programme!

Here's an example of a BF programme that prints out the alphabet in upper case characters...

If anyone has a good understanding of this programming language I'd love to hear back from you!

Take care

+++++[>+++++++++++++<-]>.<<++[>+++++++++++++<-]>-[>+.<-]

It's pointless, mere fun really. To use it would be exactly the same as learning the semantics for any other language.

The advantage of BF is that it allows you to use the f-word in an academic setting.

Can you actually write GUI applications in BF?

Seems rather strange, I wouldnt think it would be good for creating GUIs as it is mainly symbols so error finding might be rather tricky lol

I'll say. I just mean that what's the point of this language? I know it's just for fun, but [+++.+.>+.]++. means nothing to anyone, but it means "SmileyFace" to the interpretter...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.18 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.