Hey all, I've recently started programming in BF as my signature might give away... I just want to know if any of you have ever used it, and if you've ever been able to make something more than just a trivial ASCII based programme!

Here's an example of a BF programme that prints out the alphabet in upper case characters...

If anyone has a good understanding of this programming language I'd love to hear back from you!

Take care

+++++[>+++++++++++++<-]>.<<++[>+++++++++++++<-]>-[>+.<-]

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Hey all, I've recently started programming in BF as my signature might give away... I just want to know if any of you have ever used it, and if you've ever been able to make something more than just a trivial ASCII based programme!

Here's an example of a BF programme that prints out the alphabet in upper case characters...

If anyone has a good understanding of this programming language I'd love to hear back from you!

Take care

+++++[>+++++++++++++<-]>.<<++[>+++++++++++++<-]>-[>+.<-]

It's pointless, mere fun really. To use it would be exactly the same as learning the semantics for any other language.

Um, yes. You might want to check out a variant I made that uses bits instead of bytes: http://www.rpi.edu/~hughes/boof/

It's pointless, mere fun really.

So is living.

The advantage of BF is that it allows you to use the f-word in an academic setting.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Um, yes. You might want to check out a variant I made that uses bits instead of bytes: http://www.rpi.edu/~hughes/boof/

That's pretty neat.:)

Can you actually write GUI applications in BF?

Seems rather strange, I wouldnt think it would be good for creating GUIs as it is mainly symbols so error finding might be rather tricky lol

I'll say. I just mean that what's the point of this language? I know it's just for fun, but [+++.+.>+.]++. means nothing to anyone, but it means "SmileyFace" to the interpretter...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.