hi,
when i try to run an applet, it tells me "connection refused". on some computers, the code works, and on others (like mine) i get this error message. can someone please tell me what could be the problem?
thanks for replying!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What's the nature of the program? Are you trying to connect to something? Can you post the exact error message if there is one?

What's the nature of the program? Are you trying to connect to something? Can you post the exact error message if there is one?

well the applet is used to do a file upload from a browser. i ran it on eclipse console, and the error is: "java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect". so the applet can't even connect with the browser.

thanks for ur help!

Is your applet signed? Applets cannot connect to files on a users system, which is probably why you are receiving the connection refused.

Is your applet signed? Applets cannot connect to files on a users system, which is probably why you are receiving the connection refused.

actually it is signed, but i dont think that's the problem, because it works fine on some computers. maybe it could be about some security permissions? am quite a newbie, so i dont know the technology in depth... could you suggest some possible solutions please?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.