hi,
when i try to run an applet, it tells me "connection refused". on some computers, the code works, and on others (like mine) i get this error message. can someone please tell me what could be the problem?
thanks for replying!

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by sandy183

What's the nature of the program? Are you trying to connect to something? Can you post the exact error message if there is one?

What's the nature of the program? Are you trying to connect to something? Can you post the exact error message if there is one?

well the applet is used to do a file upload from a browser. i ran it on eclipse console, and the error is: "java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect". so the applet can't even connect with the browser.

thanks for ur help!

Is your applet signed? Applets cannot connect to files on a users system, which is probably why you are receiving the connection refused.

Is your applet signed? Applets cannot connect to files on a users system, which is probably why you are receiving the connection refused.

actually it is signed, but i dont think that's the problem, because it works fine on some computers. maybe it could be about some security permissions? am quite a newbie, so i dont know the technology in depth... could you suggest some possible solutions please?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.