I have a quick question- I have an app that is downloaded a lot and used lots without issues. Recently an officer from the US Forest Service downloaded it, and when he tries to install, he's getting this message box-

c5cb2b8f701441a47757e657cd5e89b1

I don't believe this is a problem with my app, but I want to make sure. He has installed it on two fresh/new Panasonic CF-31's with Win7, so the laptops are new. He has .Net4 installed as needed. The app is compiled by a program I use from http://www.installsimple.com/.

I've searched the internet for that specific error, but I'm not really getting anywhere. While I am leaning towards this being a problem with his machine, he said he tried on two new machines with the same error.

I could also be leaning towards (if it is app related) the problem being with the compiler perhaps?

The app itself is located here- https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31131259/DailyLog%20Basic/Setup%20Basic.exe

I'm at a loss because I've done code tests and I'm not getting any errors.

Does anyone have any ideas?

First of all there should be a way to exit the program without having to kill the process (in my opinion).

There are two versions of .NET 4--client and full version. Which version does your program use?

What version of the OS did you test it on? 32-bit or 64-bit? What version of the OS is the customer using (32-bit or 64-bit)?

It appears that your application requires Office. What version of Office did you test with (2007, 2010, 2013, etc...)? What version of Office is the customer using? Also, is the customer's Office 32-bit or 64-bit?

Did you compile your application for "Any CPU", or for "x86"?

It is difficult to know what the problem could be without knowing what your program does (seeing the code or you providing more information about it).

I would try compiling for "x86" rather than "Any CPU" and see if that resolves the issue. Or you could find an 64-bit OS to test it on.

Also the uninstaller doesn't work (32-bit Win 7).

Edited 2 Years Ago by cgeier

Thanks for the reply. This error I posted happens upon the actual install, before the program even gets to launch. Something tells me this might me a problem with the installer program I'm using.

To answer your questions, I've tested on both 32 and 64- one agency is all on 64 bit laptops and they don't have any problems. It's targeted for AnyCPU. I set it for x64 and it wouldn't run on my 32 bit machine. The .NET is the client version.

Sorry about the uninstaller. Looks like I should look around for a new installer app.

In that case, I recommend that you contact "InstallSimple" for support. You will have to work with them to identify the issue.

You could probably write your own installer in less time than it takes to troubleshoot the one you are currently using--considering you have to wait for response from someone else.

I'me going to mark this as solved, and try a different installer. Thanks everyone for your time and help.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.