Hello
I have a VB.NET project (using Visual Studio 2015 Pro) currently found on my PC, and would like to make it shared across my LAN with others so that they can pull a copy on their own PC and work on it, and push their changes to the project, and thus make it available to all devs concerned. Firstly, I would like to move this project to a "central" machine then proceed with the sharing.
What is the best way/tool available to share such a project freely on a LAN?
What tools would be required for each user to get access to be able to pull/push a copy from their PC using VS 2015?
Regards

make it shared across my LAN with others so that they can pull a copy on their own PC and work on it, and push their changes to the project, and thus make it available to all devs concerned.

You want some sort of version control system to avoid the special hell that is conflicting edits.

What is the best way/tool available to share such a project freely on a LAN?

There are more than a few systems out there, depending on your requirements...

What tools would be required for each user to get access to be able to pull/push a copy from their PC using VS 2015?

Off the top of my head, Visual Studio integrates with Git and Subversion; there are also VS plugins for other source control systems.

commented: thanks will have a look at these options +6
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.