Im trying to bind my custom vertical scrollbar to datagridview is this possible.. Please help Thnak you..

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

This could make your third post with no answers. I think why this is happening is you need to share your work so far and polish the question. Also, make it open to other solutions. So an one and a two.

1. Read https://www.daniweb.com/programming/threads/435023/read-this-before-posting-a-question
  2. Tell more what this "bind" is.

For me I think I would tackle this by event handlers. That is, I put in the scroolbar and it's event handler does what you want it to do. This is by coding so you write the code. I only offer my approach.

Ok yes i was just trying to add a vertical scrollbar to scroll down and up my datagrid rather than using the default scrollbars..

This is what i have so far But Nothing Please Help!! Thank You..

Private Sub VisualStudioVerticalScrollBar1_Scroll(sender As Object) Handles VisualStudioVerticalScrollBar1.Scroll

Dim verticalval As Integer = DataGridView1.VerticalScrollingOffset
        DataGridView1.FirstDisplayedScrollingRowIndex = VisualStudioVerticalScrollBar1.Value
    End Sub

My thought was how I'd tackle it, not to supply code.

While in Visual Studio does the event fire (use of VS is assumed here) and how to tie code to events as well. Once in a while you find a VS coder that doesn't have the basics down.

Could I ask you what is 'custom' about your DGV scrollbar?

Thanks for you response.. i got it to work.. This is what i have so far..

Private Sub VisualStudioVerticalScrollBar1_Scroll(sender As Object) Handles VisualStudioVerticalScrollBar1.Scroll

Dim scrollLines As Integer = VisualStudioVerticalScrollBar1.Value

DataGridView1.FirstDisplayedScrollingRowIndex = scrollLines

End Sub

What im working on now is.. To when i scroll up or down on datagridview with the mouse wheel the scrollbar scrolls along with it..

Did you already googled the DGV MouseWheel event?

Yes.. but i still havent got it to work still working on it..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.