I am new to this forum and very new to vb.net. The previous programmer wrote a program in vb.net that helps us with our merchandise received transactions. It is now getting the following error: "System.Data.SQLClient.SQLException Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. The statement has been terminated. Can anyone point me in the direction to find a solution to this issue? This is the first thing they have asked me to solve at work regarding vb.net. I normally program in SQL and some in VB.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for Dukane

Will I get a cut of your latest paycheck for doing your job for you? Why don't you first try doing some research on what that error message means and start from there.

I am new to this forum and very new to vb.net. The previous programmer wrote a program in vb.net that helps us with our merchandise received transactions. It is now getting the following error: "System.Data.SQLClient.SQLException Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. The statement has been terminated. Can anyone point me in the direction to find a solution to this issue? This is the first thing they have asked me to solve at work regarding vb.net. I normally program in SQL and some in VB.

debug the codes..

maybe the database is locked?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.