I've written a VB 6.0 program that runs over Access 2003. I don't have any problem reading to or writing from the tables except in one table and one of its screens.

When I initially create the record, there's no problem. But when I retrieve the new record (into a new screen) and I save the changes, it writes all these unwanted RTF codes in with the text of the Access field.

The textboxes are all rtfTextboxes throughout the program.

Any ideas? :?:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Rich Text Boxes have two properties for text - .Text and .TextRTF. Are you using the right one?

I've written a VB 6.0 program that runs over Access 2003. I don't have any problem reading to or writing from the tables except in one table and one of its screens.

When I initially create the record, there's no problem. But when I retrieve the new record (into a new screen) and I save the changes, it writes all these unwanted RTF codes in with the text of the Access field.

The textboxes are all rtfTextboxes throughout the program.

Any ideas? :?:

hi iam hitesh i have also got that similar prolem.. that u have ...
if you have got the solution then plz send me....
Thanks n Regards
Hitesh Parmar

As above, check your RTF boxes properties. Otherwise try and force the text to what you want by using format etc.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.