Member Avatar for ak_2005

hi!!

I installed TurboC++ version 3.0 in my computer, which runs a WindowsXP OS....

the problem is... the turboc++ window opens in my screen but i am not able to use my keyboard as well as my mouse within its window, hence i am not able to work with it ... so plz help me to find what is wrong and why this is happening..??

The same Turboc++ works well in other computers with the exact configuration as mine..this problem, is present only in my system.. so plz help..

I know that Turboc++ is an ancient compiler, but my situation demands that i work in that environment.. so plz don't waste time by asking me to change to some other compiler...

hope my problem gets solved..
Thanks in advance..

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

>I installed TurboC++ version 3.0 in my computer
Okay.

>which runs a WindowsXP OS....
It might start without crashing, but a lot of old programs start on Windows XP and don't work correctly due to their age.

>The same Turboc++ works well in other computers with the exact configuration as mine..
Then they don't have the exact same configuration or you're not running it the same way. Do these other computers use Windows XP as well? Have you tried reinstalling the compiler?

>I know that Turboc++ is an ancient compiler, but my situation demands
>that i work in that environment.. so plz don't waste time by asking me to
>change to some other compiler...
You know, you could just say that you're being forced to use that compiler instead of being a jerk about it.

You could try right-clicking the executable, then select properties. Go to the compatibility-tab and select 'windows 95'. This may or may not work, I never used Turbo in WinXP.

You know, you could just say that you're being forced to use that compiler instead of being a jerk about it.

Haha, agreed

Niek

>which runs a WindowsXP OS....
It might start without crashing, but a lot of old programs start on Windows XP and don't work correctly due to their age.

I, as well, use Turbo (cause that's the one used @ the university [thing i don't actually like...]), and i installed it correctly and with no issues on two of my computers, which run, one Windows XP OS, and Windows Vista OS, and there's no problem for me using it... so i don't thing is the ancientness of the program...

are you sure you installed it correctly? have you tried installing it again?

ooohh, yeah... i liked that... lol

Yes I am in agreement it should run fin on a XP OS. Must have been a problem with the install I would try to reinstall it.

hey niek_e! ur idea of changing the compatibility mode didn't work, but i went to the properties and changed the full screen mode to window mode which allows me to use it...

but still what could have be the problem with a full screen?!?!?

and guys i installed and re-installed it several times still no solution to it...

and yes, plainly saying, i am forced to work in turbo c++ coz my university is still stuck with that.!!!!

You can install turbo c++ again.

I have done that loads of times without any luck...

more instreuctions at turbocprogramming.googlepages.com

Again just for your sake, i tried this too... STILL not working..

And FYI, I don't need to use TC anymore, but if i ever happen to find out the reason, i will surely let everyone know.

To solve your problem, press ALT+ENTER to view the full screen of C++

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.