i installed sokkit on my windows xp but the localhost s nt working. when i installed the same sokkit on another system with xp then localhost s openin very well. what can be d prob

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Are you starting apache service ? Is it configured properly ? (servername=localhost and stuff like that ?) Check error.log in logs folder of apache to check if there are any errors. I have never used sokkit, but a similar software called wamp. You don't have to do configure anything in wamp.

you can also try xampp for windows.It has apache and mysql in it.

1. if you use IIS stop it.
2. use Wamp server(http://www.wampserver.com/en/download.php) (just install the wamp, restart your computer and start wamp, make sure it says "online" on system tray icon of wamp).
3. right click on mycomputer\manage\services and applications\services. find the wampapache and wampmysql then start them.Also, make starttype property "automatic" not the "manuel".
4. use your localhost. that is all.
5. i have just had same problem like you. But i have no problem now. Do this.

3. right click on mycomputer\manage\services and applications\services. find the wampapache and wampmysql then start them.Also, make starttype property "automatic" not the "manuel".

When you start wamp server, it will automatically start these services for you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.