i developed a database application using vb 6, and made reports for end users using crystal reports developer edition XI, The problem is that when i created the setup file using VB Package and deployment wiz, the reports don't run on any machine except the one where the package has been created from. it always displays a message "Failed to load crystal reports". If anyone out there has any idea how this is happening please assist me.Every other component in the program works fine except the reports.

I have tried other setup creators but all in vain.

Please give a hand to the future developers in Africa

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

i ever has problem like this before but i use vb.net :
1. check the database name or report database path.
2. try to add the file that it need to using by crystal report.

OK.

as i told you everything else installs fine, the database is installed in the correct location and i set the report database path at runtime. The reports wont run,it only stop at showing me a blank white window with the title of the report. Please i need help with how i can create my setup such that when i install on any other system the reports will be running fine

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.