hello ,
i am working on application of running an exe on client side i use following javascript for this
var theShell = new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application");
var theApp = "C:\\Windows\\Notepad.exe";
theShell.ShellExecute(theApp, "", "", "open", "1");

but when i run the application on any system i got the error message is permission denied on this line (theShell.ShellExecute(theApp, "", "", "open", "1"); , i try alot to get rid of it but not finding any solution , can anybody help me plz?
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

are you using outside hosting? sometimes they have restrictive settings. if it's running on your system, do you have any anti-virus / firewalls running?

are you using outside hosting? sometimes they have restrictive settings. if it's running on your system, do you have any anti-virus / firewalls running?

no i just want to transfer data from my web page to an window application on remote system, i have remove all the security check from my browser and also my firewall is off, i didnt know where i m getting wrong, i am facing same problem when iam running application on my system.

hey i got the solution , i change some setting in my IE, i eneble all the option regarding activex controll and it runs, if u want to run this on the intranet then u have to change the setting of all system broeser. it'll work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.