hi guys,

i'm upgrading a web application designed in visual studio 2003 to visual studio 2005.
i want to start from the scratch.

I've restored the database from the older application in sql server 2000 from another machine.

now whenever i try to execute that application an error is displayed stating

"System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'VASANT\ASPNET'."

my sql server uses windows authentication mode,and i've made changes in the connectionstring accordingly...

but still it shows this error...

can ny body help me get rid of it..?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Is your username VASANT\ASPNET ? if so, then is that the same username that was used to create the original database?

well no 'VASANT' is the server name, and in original conn. string 'sa' login was used with a blank password,

after restoring it into my pc i changed the conn string to match my settings....

Is your username VASANT\ASPNET ? if so, then is that the same username that was used to create the original database?

I understand that VASANT is the server name what I am trying to get at is:is the username the same when the db was created as the username you are now using? (Ie. username = sa at both times)

just a thought, post your conn string:
Does it include?

Integrated Security=SSPI;

this is the connection string i'm using currently:

<add key="ConnectionString" value="Data Source=VASANT;Initial Catalog=MillTown;Integrated Security=True"/>

try changing "true" to "SSP1" let me know how it goes

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.