I am using Visual Web Developer Express, 2008, and am attempting to create an Admin section so the site owners can go in and alter their site. However, whenever I go to Website->ASP .Net Configuration to try to open the website administration tool, it tells me:

An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try again.

If I click on the "How do I use this tool" option at the top right, I get this error:

Tool Has Timed Out

As a security measure, the Web Site Administration Tool times out after a period of inactivity. Changes to machine.config or web.config may also result in the tool needing to be restarted. To continue configuring your web site, restart the tool.

I have tried closing VWD and retrying it, restarting my computer, and I just don't know what else to do!!Please help me......

Have you run your application at least one time? If you do not run your application, the connection string in the web.config file will not be created and neither will the database that runs the Administration of your site, generally the ASPNETDB.MDF

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.