yeah, yet another problem I have been trying to solve since the beginning.

I am working on the delay. The multiple ajax calls are interfering with eachother causing a greater delay then whats its set to do.

the automatic logout was actually pretty difficult and obviously needs work. its worked for me most of the time, but occasionaly it won't????

thanks to professorPC, i now know the script works with other servers.

the chat has been updated with fixes for several bugs.

still working on the cache system.

My pleasure. Ill keep trying to break it for ya lol :)

commented: Thanks for testing the chat +1

i m subodh sharma from india, please send the source code of chat applications

here is the download link:

http://www.banditssoftball.org/chat.v3.zip

Please remember that this chat will not support a lot of users. Its writing to a file and once that many people are trying to read and write from it, it will start to delete messages unexpectedly. I created it to use as a customer service type deal, only2-5 users. If you are wanting more, I would have to integrate a mysql solution into it. I really suggest using a opensource chat app.

Very nice work !! Ajax - php based chat.
I would suggest though for chat applications to turn flash and Actionscript !
This way you can enable audio and video for your chat.
Your work is excellent

here is the download link:

http://www.banditssoftball.org/chat.v3.zip

Please remember that this chat will not support a lot of users. Its writing to a file and once that many people are trying to read and write from it, it will start to delete messages unexpectedly. I created it to use as a customer service type deal, only2-5 users. If you are wanting more, I would have to integrate a mysql solution into it. I really suggest using a opensource chat app.

If you are trying to avoid the complexity of creating or hosting a database server, consider the possibility of using an embedded, zero configuration and transactional database. There are many databases out there which work both in server and embedded mode. Look into SQLite; it is specifically meant to replace those ad hoc data files you are managing with your chat application right now. You will surely see a noticeable difference in speed with a minimalistic effort.

hi,
i m making alumini website for my college,i wanna add chat application there,kud u send me this chat application

then how to integret mysql withthis application

hi keith

i want develop a chat program like u made it so plz help me to send the script.

hi kkeith29!
Im looking for an ajax/php/mysql driven chat in which most probably Im going to modify a little bit to fit my soon-to-open-website.. I found bunch of them around the net but most of them are hard understand.. (I'm still new to php) so maybe, im just wondering if I can ask for the code of your script.. :)

the link to download it is in an earlier post.

Hello,

I have been working on a php/xml/ajax chat program which requires no database for the last few days and was wondering if anyone could test it out for me. It has a few bugs that I would love to have someone help me fix (I am running out of ideas). The chat works best in Internet Explorer, I am still working on the whole browser compatibility issue.

Here is the url: http://www.banditssoftball.org/chat/

All input is greatly appreciated, whether its good or bad.

If someone is looking for a chat program like this and wants the program, I will be glad to post the code. Just let me know.

Thanks,

kkeith29

thanks for the quote any way we are in the same situation i also need the program
u can send it to me on my email address <email snipped>
thank you very much

The chat is only good for one on one conversations (like for helping a client/customer). After testing it couldn't handle more than 10 people at a time (which was more than I expected).

If you are looking for something to handle a lot of people you are going to need to find another open source chat solution. There are tons of them out there.

So many people have asked for this code so I have updated it. Before I post the source I need to test it. Anyone willing to help?

The demo site is: http://www.box201.com/~kkeith/chat/

commented: Very good - that's some work! +3

Tested!
It is working (FF) but a little bit delay.
Can you make it little more faster?

OFF TOPIC SUGGESTION: Make simple tutorial to make simple chat!

I am recoding the javascript to make it faster. I have a few ideas I am wanting to try.

There is a bug in opera I am trying to sort out.

If I have some more time later I will make a tutorial, or have cwarn23 make one for his video tutorial series.

I am recoding the javascript to make it faster. I have a few ideas I am wanting to try.

There is a bug in opera I am trying to sort out.

If I have some more time later I will make a tutorial, or have cwarn23 make one for his video tutorial series.

Are they ready Yet? I'm waiting to see them. Hope they will be downloadable for offline reading too :)

Not yet.

I can code anything in php, but when it comes to javascript I am a complete failure. I have officially given up. The php side of the chat is complete. Hopefully someone will take an interest and finish the javascript of this thing.

I spend 4 hours on the php and 10 on the javascript. I almost went insane.

Code is attached.

Member Avatar for diafol

I'd like to say well done KK - great piece of coding, runs smoothly too. Know what you mean about the JS - yuk!

hi,
am new here and am kind of trying to get a source code on chat application using php,
please kkeith29, can you send the code to me
my email is <snip>
thanks
joseph(nigeria)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.