Mainly in Firefox, and especially when the video is paused, the current image in the video will shift up or down if the user scrolls up or down on the main page. It seems almost as if the video itself is stuck at one specific location but the video viewer and the rest of the page is scrolling ok. A black area appears in the video viewer either above or below part of the current image. I'm not sure if I'm missing a parameter or something. Thanks for the help!

Dave

Here is the code:
<OBJECT ID="MediaPlayer" WIDTH="192" HEIGHT="146" CLASSID="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95"
STANDBY="Loading Windows Media Player components..." TYPE="application/x-oleobject">
<PARAM NAME="FileName" VALUE="C:\xampp\htdocs\JobVidSecondAttempt\thenewersite\uploads\<?php echo $row_rsProfile; ?>">
<PARAM name="ShowControls" VALUE="false">
<param name="ShowStatusBar" value="false">
<PARAM name="ShowDisplay" VALUE="false">
<PARAM name="autostart" VALUE="true">
<EMBED TYPE="application/x-mplayer2" SRC="C:\xampp\htdocs\JobVidSecondAttempt\thenewersite\uploads\<?php echo $row_rsProfile; ?>" NAME="MediaPlayer"
WIDTH="192" HEIGHT="146" ShowControls="0" ShowStatusBar="0" ShowDisplay="0" autostart="1"> </EMBED>
</OBJECT>

Nothing is missing apart from a good browser. Things about graphics in HTML (unless you messed around with tables of CSS) are nothing that you but the user have to worry about.

The problem is the following: A video is displayed by a plug-in and firefox grap the buffer from it. Now it draws the buffer to the position it has calculated by the HTML-file. When the user scrolls the page, the vertical position changes, but Firefox doesn't update the position of the video so that it is drawn to the same position - which seems to be wrong because the position of the text around has changed.

If it is now a problem of the plug-in or of Firefox I don't know exactly. But as I don't have any probs running Opera I strongly guess it is really a bad bug of Firefox.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.