Hi, i have problem to send cfmail to @yahoo. I am using simple contact us page and another page to send emails.

contactus.cfm

<form id="form2" name="form2" method="POST" action="send-email.cfm">
<input name="username" type="text" id="username" size="40" />
<label>
 <input name="email" type="text" id="email" size="40" />
</label>
<label>
<input name="subject" type="text" id="subject" size="40" />
</label>
<textarea name="message" cols="70" rows="15" id="message"></textarea>

send-email.cfm

this is email for me (i will recive this email):

<CFMAIL to="webmaster@mysite.com" from="#form.email#" Subject="#form.subject#" server="mail.mysite.com">
        #form.message#

Message By:#form.username# 
</CFMAIL>

and this is reply to user:

<CFMAIL to="#form.email#" from="webmaster@mysite.com" Subject="Thank you for contacting us">

Thank you for your message,

You wrote:
    #form.message#

Message By: #form.username# - #form.email#

</CFMAIL>

<cflocation url="index.cfm">

When somebody contact me with @hotmail,@gmail,@mydomain..
everything is fine i receive email and user receive email, byt when somebody try with @yahoo there is a problem i can receive email but user receive email as spam with delay 20min-few hours....I have same problem with my register page can somebody tell me what am i doing wrong. I tried to type
server="mail.mysite.com"
and
server="127.0.0.1" and nothing, user with @yahoo will receive email as spam with delay.
Please help me I am desperate!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

From what I know of yahoo, there isn't a good solution to this. It's just the crappy way that Yahoo chooses to handle their mail. They immediately reject/delay every piece of mail that hits their server. If the sending server is a real one, it will try again. If its a spammer, it won't.

Maybe there is something on your mail server that you can change -- somethig to make it try again sooner?

galaxygal

<form   name="form"  method="post"  action="backupcalltranslate.cfm">
<table>
 <tr><b>TO:</b>        	<input type = "Text" name = "MailTo"  size="50"><br><br></tr>
 </table>
 <table>
<tr><b>FROM:<b>    		<input type = "Text" name = "MailFrom" size="50"  >

<br><br></tr>
</table>

<table>
<tr><b>CC:<b>    		<input type = "Text" name = "CC"  id="CC" size="50"  ><br><br></tr>
</table>

<table>
<tr><b>SUBJECT:</b>   	<input type = "Text" name = "Subject" size="50"  ><br><br></tr>
</table>

<cfif isDefined("form.MailTo")>
<cfmail from="#form.MailFrom#" to="#form.MailTo#"   cc="#form.cc#" server=""  type="HTML"
username ="" password="" subject="#form.Subject#" > 
<b>OriginalText Text</b> : #form.myEditor#(#varNewText#)<br><br>
<b>Translated Text</b> : #transText#(#tolang#)
</cfmail>
</cfif>

i think it works for You now

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.