I have an ASP. Net 2.0 website with C# 2005 as the programming language. I am using CSS for the layout. Currently I am using a plain/static .Gif image as my header. I would like to enhance the look by using some animation in the header. I used some flash utilities to design my required animated banner. But since I was unable to use the .swf file directly I converted it to .Gif which I am able to use and display. The problem is the original .swf file was of the size around 75 Kb whereas the converted .Gif file is huge (around 4.5 Mb). I want to display the original .swf file to improve speed.

I have used the CSS stylesheet to display the .Gif animated banner. I don't know how can I use the .Swf file directly.

Kindly guide me.

Thank You.

Lalit Kumar Barik

well as far i know you cannot call the .swf from your css, the .swf file have to be embed right into the html file or aspx file. go to this link to know how to do that http://www.w3schools.com/flash/flash_inhtml.asp

lets say that your have a div tag in your html that containt the header

<div id="header">
<object width="550" height="400">
<param name="movie" value="somefilename.swf">
<embed src="path to your .swf file" width="550" height="400">
</embed>
</object>
</div>
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.