Hi, can anyone advise me on the best way of using the autoscroll property of a form? I want the form to automatically scroll to the end of the form, as the controls will be increasing in size, as new data comes in. (As far right on the X axis as possible).
Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

LINK

AutoScroll

If you set the AutoScroll property to True, and you resize your form so that some controls "fall off the edge," scrollbars will be provided automatically so that the user can scroll the form and access the hidden controls. AutoScroll provides a very crude solution for resizable windows, and is generally far inferior to the more professional results you can achieve with anchoring and docking. However, if you use your imagination, you may find some interesting uses for Auto-Scroll forms.

More useful is the Panel control, which includes a similar AutoScroll feature that you can use to create list controls. For example, Visual Basic .NET now includes checkbox lists, which allow you to scroll through a list of items that can each be checked or unchecked. Instead of using this control in a configuration window, you could create your own list of scrollable options that might contain other controls, such as buttons and labels. Figure 14 shows the difference between a scrollable form and a scrollable panel.

Once again, this tool is best reserved for experienced interface designers, as it is usually a better idea to use standard Windows conventions, such as split windows, lists, and tab controls, to organize information.

and a great document LINK

Hi, can anyone advise me on the best way of using the autoscroll property of a form? I want the form to automatically scroll to the end of the form, as the controls will be increasing in size, as new data comes in. (As far right on the X axis as possible).
Thanks in advance

LINK

AutoScroll
and a great document LINK

Cool, thanks very much!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.