Can someone help me please!

I have 2 tables one memberlist and the other results, a user makes a selection and it's entered into the memberlist and saved, the results table in then update (after a race event). I would like to compare the values in both table against each, if the values match in the corresponding columns the user is awarded points and if not points are deducted. I am very new to PHP and would really appreciate the help thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi iamjmurphy and welcome to DaniWeb :)

Can you please provide more information of your table structures and which fields you are trying to compare? It seems like it should be a fairly simple task, but I'm unsure exactly what you are trying to achieve.

Cheers
darkagn

Hi iamjmurphy and welcome to DaniWeb :)

Can you please provide more information of your table structures and which fields you are trying to compare? It seems like it should be a fairly simple task, but I'm unsure exactly what you are trying to achieve.

Cheers
darkagn

Hi Darkagn,

Thank you for your reply but I was able to work it out after a bit of thought, I had a few silly mistakes but eventually I got it.
Thanks again.
iamjmurphy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.