Hi folks !!

I got a project for developing the clone of the website
www.worldnews.com

please help me in to getting start this as i have to develope it from scratch there is no help document available from the client side.from where should i need fetch the data or i need to maintain my own database or i need to integrate the webservice for fetching the news.i am a php pfoficient programmer.so i will be developing this webite in php.

Please help

thanks.

Hi folks !!

I got a project for developing the clone of the website
www.worldnews.com

please help me in to getting start this as i have to develope it from scratch there is no help document available from the client side.from where should i need fetch the data or i need to maintain my own database or i need to integrate the webservice for fetching the news.i am a php pfoficient programmer.so i will be developing this webite in php.

Please help

thanks.

What you want is quite broad and there are many ways to achieve it.

Apart from the development of the website, you'll need to get a list of RSS feeds to use to build your content. You can go about this manually, though tedious. You can also develop an RSS feed crawler.

There are many ways sites can advertise that they have RSS feeds, and thus you need a crawler that userstands these and can discover feeds automatically.

There are also numerous feed aggregation sites that you can crawl to retrieve the urls of feeds. eg: news.google.com, worldnews.com etc.

You'll likely need a separate application, or server, to host the crawler, that feeds the database of your website with rss links, and updates the links. The crawler will likely have to be a running as a deamon.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.