Hello,

I'm trying to make a website that has products in a database, but unfortunately the pages can't be in asp.net. So, I'm using visual studio to connect to my database. Then I write out my category pages as needed, I have them set up in a table format. I've created a navigation bar and header in dreamweaver that I need to add around my categories. I would like to do this dynamically if possible. Any suggestions?

Thanks

KG

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Ok, you say this can't be in asp.net..... my response is why? Does the server not allow dynamic webpages?

Inorder to connect to the DB and populate the page you have the following options:
1. ASP (Classic)
2. ASP.Net
3. JSP
4. PHP

And in any of these options, the server must allow for dynamic webpages.

Hello,

I'm trying to make a website that has products in a database, but unfortunately the pages can't be in asp.net. So, I'm using visual studio to connect to my database. Then I write out my category pages as needed, I have them set up in a table format. I've created a navigation bar and header in dreamweaver that I need to add around my categories. I would like to do this dynamically if possible. Any suggestions?

Thanks

KG

Yes, I know it doesn't make much sense, but it is a long story. What we kind of have going on is three separate web sites on three separate servers and trying to run all three off just the one database. Again I know doesn't make sense, but I'm just doing what I'm told, I'm not the one making the decisions.

So, far I've successfully separated my categories into there own page with streamwriter in visual studio, for the one site that is my job. The pages that I have created don't have a header or a navigation bar on them. I've created that in dreamweaver and am looking to somehow combine the two within my program.

Thanks,
KG

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.