I need to install these 3 tools in order to run Agriya Volume, but how do I? I'm running on a basic plan (linux) on securesignup. I don't have root access. Is there anyway? Or do I have to buy a VPS??

The three tools are:

Mplayer + Mencoder
Flvtool2
mp3info

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I need to install these 3 tools in order to run Agriya Volume, but how do I? I'm running on a basic plan (linux) on securesignup. I don't have root access. Is there anyway? Or do I have to buy a VPS??

The three tools are:

Mplayer + Mencoder
Flvtool2
mp3info

You can try using the sudo command. For example sudo apt-get install [what-ever you want to install if it is a built in repository]
if you are trying to install something that isn't in a repos you have to follow some commands which I can't follow right now. I remember the first step is downloading the tar-ball but that's it.

The thing is I don't have admin rights so I don't have a terminal to install with. Theres no way to do it via file manager?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.