I am looking for an ecommerce solution similar to SimpleCart in the fact that it is one page and allows PayPal (or Google Checkout ect.) to handle the heavy lifting.

However, I need something that can calculate shipping costs and deal with in stock/out of stock items. I would really like it if it was at all possible to have a little bit of a CMS backbone that will let someone easily enter the name, description, ect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by phillip654

It is good that you know cms..that is enough to build a cart and pay-pal ..joomla is a open source where we can add carts, pay pal and also shipping calculations can be done in the site.

Joomla is far too complex for the client and the project. For this project I am trying to subscribe to KISS as much as possible.

I am going to use Pulse CMS for the majority of the project but for the simple nine item 'Shop' I need an eccomerce CMS. It really doesn't need cart or returning customer functionality and I would prefer if it just let PayPal do the heavy lifting as I said before.

Thank you, mahesh, though for your reply. Do you know of another eccomerce CMS that might work?

Yes, Joomla is way too complicated for E-commerce, I think. Or maybe it's just that I'm not good at it (that could be it too). Does anyone use Coldfusion for this sort of thing anymore? I remember a time when Coldfusion was the way to go for e-commerce.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.