Please anybody tell me about E-commerce and the benefits of E-commerce.

Ancient Dragon commented: very good question. +34
ujjwale commented: THIS IS A NON-SENSE QUESTION +0

Recommended Answers

All 56 Replies

E-commerce is the ability to conduct sales transactions online. This includes selling items on your website.

The benefits of e-commerce is that you are opening new revenue streams. Instead of having a website that only provides information you can have a website that provides information and also offers consumers a new way to purchase from you.

The downside are the security issues with e-commerce. Many e-commerce enabled sites make sales by accepting credit card information online. This credit card information needs to be protected from hackers and other attackers. Other common payment methods used in e-commerce transactions include e-checks and paypal payments.

If you would like to add an e-commerce capability to your website there are many solutions available to you. You can outsource it to a third party website or you can manage the e-commerce on your site. If you manage it on your site you can buy an off-the-shelf software package or design your own solution.

commented: Great explainaton -- very helpful :) +34

in my own perspective, e-commerce involves buying and selling purchase online as well as transferring funds, something about finance and money but the medium is the internet

what is the process to have the E-commerce on our website?

We must not forget that e-commerce is a concept, and to follow the concept means you have understood well what encompasses it; first is that you should have a product to sell, and another thing you would have to consider is to review what is inclusive of online marketing. There would be no e-commerce without the presence of any client. So thru online marketing, we search for a client. In that process alone, there are a lot of things to do. But just so it is clear to everyone, e-commerce entails you having a store online and that could be a web site and blogs connected to it.

commented: yes...good reasearched information about e commerce.. +1

We must not forget that e-commerce is a concept, and to follow the concept means you have understood well what encompasses it; first is that you should have a product to sell, and another thing you would have to consider is to review what is inclusive of online marketing. There would be no e-commerce without the presence of any client. So thru online marketing, we search for a client. In that process alone, there are a lot of things to do. But just so it is clear to everyone, e-commerce entails you having a store online and that could be a web site and blogs connected to it.

Is there any website that has the facility of E-commerce?

what is the process to have the E-commerce on our website?

Start with defining your business. A shopping cart may be your answer, but you can't begin to make a decent selection without knowing what you want to do.

Is there any website that has the facility of E-commerce?

Millions. Try Google.

You can actively participate in ecommerce by signing up in web sites like clickbank and choose a product or niche you are to use for ecommerce.
i understand even blogging can be one offshoot of ecommerce with the use of Google Adsense.

Ecommerce is all activities through internet service. if you want any purchase from ecommerce site, you can purchase using credit card or debit card...

simply lazy purchasing of desired products....

I'm hoping to sell my own products (books, etc.) online in the future when I have my Web site up. I was wondering what would be the best method of payment for e-commerce. I know Paypal is preferred, but what about just sending in a check beforehand? Is that completely outdated in e-commerce?

This thread is an interesting read! Good insight!

I'm hoping to sell my own products (books, etc.) online in the future when I have my Web site up. I was wondering what would be the best method of payment for e-commerce. I know Paypal is preferred, but what about just sending in a check beforehand? Is that completely outdated in e-commerce?

Well, pretty much. You have to wait 3-5 days to get the check, 4-7 days for it to clear, etc, etc.

This is why so many folks are reselling merchant accounts.. :)

David

Well, not easily. Ecommerce is rather large in the US, so it is what we would call a "target rich environment".

Try amazon.com or ebay.com they're not bad examples.

Hi nimitz. Thanks for the info, I say that it really is helpful.

{snipped link}

E-commerce is the ability to conduct sales transactions online. This includes selling items on your website.

The benefits of e-commerce is that you are opening new revenue streams. Instead of having a website that only provides information you can have a website that provides information and also offers consumers a new way to purchase from you.

The downside are the security issues with e-commerce. Many e-commerce enabled sites make sales by accepting credit card information online. This credit card information needs to be protected from hackers and other attackers. Other common payment methods used in e-commerce transactions include e-checks and paypal payments.

If you would like to add an e-commerce capability to your website there are many solutions available to you. You can outsource it to a third party website or you can manage the e-commerce on your site. If you manage it on your site you can buy an off-the-shelf software package or design your own solution.

Very Detailed information. There are many open source script available which can be used to build a ecom site.
Paypal is definitely the most popular method for accepting payments online.

Things to keep in mind when selling online:

• Who is the customer?
• What do they typically buy and how do they hear about it?
• How do they like to buy this type of product or service?
• How often do they buy?
• How can the company best meet the customers' needs?

Recommend looking into PayPal or Magento for setting up your ecommerce shop

is the use of computer to buy and sell commodity

e-commerce involves buying and selling purchase online as well as transferring funds, something about finance and money but the medium is the internet.its all about buying and selling physical things or Electronic stuff like software certification Exams material like testking etc

Many legal procedures and simple legacy issues necessitate that various companies continue to use faxing for the transmission of sensitive information. But with the innovations of internet-based faxing, you'd be crippling yourself if you chose to stick with old clunky fax machines. You need to think about the many benefits of online faxing and how they'd apply to your business. Chances are, if you don't have it, you'll want it.
Internet faxing is a step towards the new development in the field of telecommunication. By using this Internet faxing we are instantly send the messages or documents around the world and to the specific person. Now days in every kind of work there is a competition in order to succeed. Many organizations depend on the faxing. Growth of organization not only comes from the hard work but also from the implementation of latest technologies so that you can compete with your business rivals. If not so you would be lacking a lot behind in terms of business.

Would it be possible for the moderators to mark this thread solved? At this point the original message was asked almost 18 months ago and I would say the thread has been solved.

Keeping this post going is just clutter on the board.

e- commerce is not only about selling something online ........ any business done online can be stated as e-commerce ........ like forex (doesnt include selling a product)

The buying and selling of products or services over electronic is called as E-Commerce.

Well, e-commerce is a very lucrative web thing)
It covers such ideas as marketing, promotion, online strategies, products, sales, etc

I think its about doing business, means selling purchasing etc through internet

E commerce is mean by electronic commerce, and they process is based on market goods and services and to transfer in online through electronic communication.
Benefits of administering business Online accommodate a cheaper upfront amount to the merchant, it's easier to set up and accessible the abundance and it's faster to get an online business up, active and authoritative sales.

Actually E commerce is a process of selling and buying GOODS over the Internet

Electronic commerce, commonly known as e-commerce or e-business consists of the buying and selling of products or services over electronic systems such as the Internet and other computer networks. Internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), inventory management systems, and automated data collection systems. Modern electronic commerce typically uses the World Wide Web at least at some point in the transaction's lifecycle , although it can encompass a wider range of technologies such as e-mail as well.

A large percentage of electronic commerce is conducted entirely electronically for virtual items such as access to premium content on a website, but most electronic commerce involves the transportation of physical items in some way. Online retailers are sometimes known as e-tailers and online retail is sometimes known as e-tail. Almost all big retailers have electronic commerce presence on the World Wide Web.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.