Hi everyone
I'm a senior student and i'm working on my final project which is an ecommerce web application and i need some help.
So if anyone know about that topic plz help

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

Hi everyone
I'm a senior student and i'm working on my final project which is an ecommerce web application and i need some help.
So if anyone know about that topic plz help

Sure, what are you making?

I need to know everything about the security and shopping carts :rolleyes:
I'll appreciate a lot if could help me or give me some references.
Thanks anyway.

I learned a lot from ikobo's pdf documents. You can download them from their website at www.ikobo.com. Anyway, we cannot give you all the info. You must ask questions, you know.

We have a strong community with limitless brain power -- you just need to tap into it. Nobody is going to do your project, (well maybe a few people, but not me) but we'll help you if you get stuck.

Ask away!!

Why dont you see what the best 'off the shelf' shopping products are, check what security options they offer etc. See what you think they lack and try to beat what they do?

<< Moderator Removed >>

You can start by making a list of the mostly used payment processors and shopping carts. After that, you can establish the pros and cons for each one of them. Just a thought ...

Since I am also interested in this question, I think it can be useful to discuss different companies, as all of them have their cons and pros.

Hello everyone! I am gathering all the info concerning online business as I am going to open my own online store to sell some goods. I am quite new in the sphere of online business, so any help will be appreciated.

Since I am also interested in this question, I think it can be useful to discuss different companies, as all of them have their cons and pros.

Great idea!!! So what are the suggestion of those who already had an experience of using different shopping cart and payment processing services?

I have my reasons to consider MB as a very unreliable company. Also I think that paypal's security system is a disaster where the number of unhappy merchants is increasing exponentially and as far as I know there are quite a few law suits going on as we speak. They really have to get a grip and really do something about it. On the other hand, ikobo is doing all right in my opinion because even if there are unhappy customers who would like a lighter security system, the majority remains protected and this is what counts the most in this industry. Ikobo was slow on the customer support part but they made some improvements using a live chat support service. SAFETY ABOVE ALL. :D

Ok, thanks for your reply, Alan. Will you suggest which of these services are free to sign up? As I am going to sign up and test the service myself before using it for accepting payments? Thanks.

Hello,
Great idea and thanks for sharing a nice post.

Paypal has a simple flaw, that the payer can revert the payment transaction unless the payee has withdrawn them.

Its very important to assure customer safety in the payment system. No one should be able to access the confidential data of the users.

There are many open source programs, you can make the secondary development

E-commerce types are mentioned below.
(1) Business-to-Business
(2) Business-to-Employee
(3) Business-to-Government
(4) Business-to-Machines
(5) Business-to-Manager
(6) Consumer-to-Business
(7) Consumer-to-Consumer

What exactly is your question? I would suggest looking through places like Youtube with a question that you have. Lots of great resources there.

what kind of help you need for ecommerce website development. you want to make whole website with payment gateway integration? feel free to reply

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.