I'm trying to make a website that has a block of about 56 colors off to the right of a main image of a dress. You click a color block and it changes the dress to the picture of the dress in the color clicked.

I cannot find any script anywhere that provides for this... is there an example of such a script that I can adapt for this use?

I'm a Javascript noob so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I know very little about Javascript... so little that I can't see how I would adapt anything in there for what I need... I'll look some more though.

I can be reached on AIM if anyone wishes to talk in real time

ScreenName == my name here.

the page in question is at http://jamesmeister.com/1914/

the boxes should link to other images... like the red swatch should make the main image turn into 1914_clr.jpg

If you have dreamweaver (and still haven't found an answer). Give the image you wish to change a instance name (such as dress). Then click on the coloured box and select windows>behaviour panel. In this click on the plus sign and click swap image. This will bring up a long list of images, choose the one that says "dress" (the instance name of the image you want to change). Then browse for the image you want to display there instead. Also make sure you have swap image restore selected in this dialog box.

Once you have done that when you rollover that colour the dress will change image.

Good Luck

Roryt,

Thank you sooo much for this important piece of information. I had been searching the web for a while with no luck for this exact info. Dreamweaver's Help was also lacking. I often found tidbits of info but not enough to get the effect I wanted. I even found someone on the web who stated that it was not possible to do this in Dreamweaver.

Thanks to you I was able to get my photographer's website structured the way I had envisioned it.

Again, Grateful that you know your stuff and share it with others,
Vickie
www.mikephotography.com

If you have dreamweaver (and still haven't found an answer). Give the image you wish to change a instance name (such as dress). Then click on the coloured box and select windows>behaviour panel. In this click on the plus sign and click swap image. This will bring up a long list of images, choose the one that says "dress" (the instance name of the image you want to change). Then browse for the image you want to display there instead. Also make sure you have swap image restore selected in this dialog box.

Once you have done that when you rollover that colour the dress will change image.

Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.