I have a system on my intranet that we use to keep track of personnel within our organization. The way I have it set up now is users manually type the names and other information in an ASP form provided on the intranet. The information is then input into a database for tracking. The problem is that if there are three-hundred or so names to enter someone has to sit there and type each and every one of them in by hand. I embedded an OWC Spreadsheet control in the form so that they could cut and paste the information in from the spreadsheet they're given, but not everyone has OWC installed so I have to go another route. (BTW: OWC sucks royally)

It seems the best way to handle this would be to have a "Load" button open Excel (which they do have installed, just not OWC), have the user paste the information in, then close Excel and have it populate either the database directly, or have it populate hidden input fields in the form, and then pass the data on submit.

I've looked around the net and I can't seem to find anything directly related to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
MAB

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.