my login script working fine in my localhost. but when i hosted the site my session is not working.i have written session_start(); in my script i dont undertand y? weather all the php sites supports session.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Your going to have to give more detail but I dont think sessions are dependant on the php version or operating system.

my login script working fine in my localhost. but when i hosted the site my session is not working.i have written session_start(); in my script i dont undertand y? weather all the php sites supports session.

createa php file with the following code:

phpinfo();

View the page in a browser.
The function phpinfo() will display the current php settings on the server the file is hosted on.

Search for sessions, if session support is enabled, then it should be all good. Also check your php version, and other info and post it here so that help will be easier :)

yes i have tried using phpinfo(); in my pc it is working. but when i hosted the code and check in my browser it gives blank page.
it wont display any details

Are you sure the server you are hosting with has php installed?

yes all my php code working only phpinfo(); is not working
i ahve tested in my other site is working and sessions are also working on my other site

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.