Hello,
I have a big problem with opening asp.net website. I have building asp.net website months. Yesterday I have install a fresh Windows7, and after that install Visual Web Developer 2010 express from which I have build website.
Now when I open webiste in Web Developer, and browse with Internet it wont open. And also in Web Developer getting on each website huge Warnings.
Warnings:
1. D:\Webisite\details.aspx: Asp.net runtime error: Could not load file or assembly ''Xheo.licensing Version= 2,0,3300,0.
2. This name contains uppercase characters, which is not allowed
3. Unrecognized tag prefix or device filter 'asp'.
4. ....
5. ....

On this site I have 7315 Warnings. Please see a picture as attachment.

I'm totaly lost about this.

Thanks in advance for help to anyone.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The Uppercase warnings look like the site was first built using the older HTML standards which allow upper and lower case in the tag names and attributes. Since moving over the it looks as if you are using the XHTML 1.0 standard which does not allow upper case in the tags.

<!-- Valid HTML Code, Not valid for XHTML --->
<H1>Heading</H1>
<DIV CLASS="class1">Inside Div 1 </DIV>

<!-- Valid XHTML Code --->
<h1>Heading</h1>
<div class="class1">Inside Div 1 </div>

Now these are only warnigs so your page should still show. But it is best to fix them and to adhere to the XHTML standards if that is what you are using.

Hi,
and thank you for reply.

I have install all IIS features.
I have also install all VS tools from installation, and almost all warnings has gone, except one has left
Xheo.Licensing.

I'm suprised that on the web there is no solution for this issue. I have checked a lot posts.

Any idea?

Here is error when try to open my page:

Server Error in '/backup v10' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Xheo.Licensing, Version=2.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=798276055709c98a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 37: <assemblies>
Line 38: <add assembly="System.Management, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
Line 39: <add assembly="Xheo.Licensing, Version=2.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=798276055709C98A"/></assemblies></compilation>
Line 40: </system.web>
Line 41: </configuration>

Source File: D:\BACKUP FILES\SPLETNE STRANI\VISUAL STUDIO\Backup\backup v10\web.config Line: 39

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Xheo.Licensing, Version=2.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=798276055709c98a' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

I have found solution also for Xheo.Licensing. I still do not know how it appear in my web.config code, but I have just delete entire assembly code.

R u using any third party dll in your project...if yes then give reference to this dll in your project....It will work

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.