I am attempting to build multiple unique cfforms (flash, not html) within a loop. However, only the last cfform is appearing on the page. Works in cfform with format="html" but not with format="flash." So, I'm thinking it's the flash <cfformgroup> design not moving down the page but displaying one on top of the other? I'm using:

<code>
<cfloop query="qryJobSeeker_Education">
<cfoutput>
<cfform method="post" format="flash" skin="halosilver" preloader="yes" width="500" height="700" style="background-color:##ffffff;" action="form_components/frmJobSeeker_Profile_Education_Edit_Action.cfm" name="frm#education_id#">

<cfformgroup type="vertical" label="#education_id#">

<cfformgroup type="vbox">
<cfformgroup type="vertical">
<cfformitem type="html">School Name: #school_name#<br /></cfformitem>
.... other form fields ....
</cfformgroup>
<cfformgroup type="horizontal">
<cfinput type="hidden" name="e_id" value="#education_id#">
<cfinput type="submit" name="btnEdit_#education_id#" value="btnEdit_#education_id#" />
</cfformgroup>
</cfformgroup>
</cfformgroup>

<cfformitem type="hrule" />

</cfform>
</cfoutput>
</cfloop>
</icode>

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I believe I have found a solution... <cfformgroup type="repeater">.... I just need to make sure I can create nested <cfforms> within it.

I am attempting to build multiple unique cfforms (flash, not html) within a loop. However, only the last cfform is appearing on the page. Works in cfform with format="html" but not with format="flash." So, I'm thinking it's the flash <cfformgroup> design not moving down the page but displaying one on top of the other? I'm using:

<code>
<cfloop query="qryJobSeeker_Education">
<cfoutput>
<cfform method="post" format="flash" skin="halosilver" preloader="yes" width="500" height="700" style="background-color:##ffffff;" action="form_components/frmJobSeeker_Profile_Education_Edit_Action.cfm" name="frm#education_id#">

<cfformgroup type="vertical" label="#education_id#">

<cfformgroup type="vbox">
<cfformgroup type="vertical">
<cfformitem type="html">School Name: #school_name#<br /></cfformitem>
.... other form fields ....
</cfformgroup>
<cfformgroup type="horizontal">
<cfinput type="hidden" name="e_id" value="#education_id#">
<cfinput type="submit" name="btnEdit_#education_id#" value="btnEdit_#education_id#" />
</cfformgroup>
</cfformgroup>
</cfformgroup>

<cfformitem type="hrule" />

</cfform>
</cfoutput>
</cfloop>
</icode>

Did that solution work?

Nope, it didn't. No way to have flash format cfforms nested in the repeater. And on the repeater you have to bind everything, using the query name in the dot notation, even though you already put the query name as an attribute of the <cfrepeater>. Ugh. When did CF get so verbose? lol. Anyway, I found a nice solution online using a <cfgrid> with flash/ajax popup windows for entering new data, that I'm going to try instead.
http://www.coldfusion-ria.com/Blog/index.cfm/2009/1/21/ColdFusion-8-cfgrid-adding-Add-and-Delete-Record-Functionality

Did that solution work?

Yeah, I was never a fan of flash forms. They seem nice but I'd rather build something custom sometimes.

My client wants something that looks "new and exciting" and I hate .NET/Ajax so I welcomed the opportunity to go back to CF. So far so good. I'm not doing actionscript, mind you, that's another headache I don't need. Anyway, my major problem after functionality is skinning... we'll see how that goes and how I can style the flash forms.

Yeah, I was never a fan of flash forms. They seem nice but I'd rather build something custom sometimes.

I'm not doing actionscript, mind you, that's another headache I don't need.

Unfortunately once you start using flash forms, you can't avoid it for long. lol Not unless your forms are dead simple ..

They weren't bad. Personally I think their time has come and gone already. Most people prefer html forms these days. But the http://www.asfusion.com/examples/ archives are still a great resource for the old flash form stuff.

They weren't bad. Personally I think their time has come and gone already. Most people prefer html forms these days. But the http://www.asfusion.com/examples/ archives are still a great resource for the old flash form stuff.

Thanks for that link. I found some useful example of cfform and I think I might use some soon like the file uploader. Thanks again!

You're welcome. I know CF9 has an uploader now too, but the asfusion one still stands the test of time IMO. Those guys do some pretty slick work :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.