Dear Experts,
I am Completely new to ASP.NET i want to design a page in which when i will click on LINKBUTTON (www.in.com) then website should be open but there is an error

Server Error in '/WebSite2' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The HTTP verb POST used to access path '/WebSite2/www.in.com' is not allowed.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The HTTP verb POST used to access path '/WebSite2/www.in.com' is not allowed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The HTTP verb POST used to access path '/WebSite2/www.in.com' is not allowed.]
System.Web.DefaultHttpHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) +462
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +506
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +191

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for stbuchok

You are linking relatively or absolutely instead of actually trying to link to the site.

Also why are you using a LinkButton? Are you using an event of the button that fires some type of calculation or connects to a database? If not and you are just linking to a site, use a standard anchor tag. (<a href="..." />)

Please show your code.

Actualy there is no code only. I go throgh create website then i place link button on that page and set PostBackUrl property with "www.in.com" except there is no code in my programme this is my first programme in ASP.NET

Member Avatar for stbuchok

Are you just trying to navigate to www.in.com. If so, just use a standard anchor tag (<a href="...">link text</a>)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.