hi,

i have one chat project. i m totally noob in that.

in that server and client scripts...

how can i test or run in my browser.

i use vs2010 and mssql 2008.

please help me..

thanks in advance

jack

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You have to request same web-app through two or more instances of Web-Browser (user).

<asp:BulletedList ID="ChattersBulletedList" runat="server" />
<asp:BulletedList runat="server" ID="ChatMessageList" />
<asp:TextBox ID="NewMessageTextBox" Columns="50" runat="server" />

We'll also add a button that we will later use to trigger an asynchronous call back to

Default.aspx:

<asp:Button ID="SendButton" Text="Send" runat="server" OnClick="SendMessage_Click"/>
The complete form should look something like this:
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" EnablePartialRendering="true" />
Chatters<br/>
<asp:BulletedList ID="ChattersBulletedList" runat="server" />
Chat Text<br/>
<div style="width: 640px; height: 240px; overflow: auto;">
<asp:BulletedList runat="server" ID="ChatMessageList" />
</div>
Send Message Text<br/>
<asp:TextBox ID="NewMessageTextBox" Columns="50" runat="server" /><asp:Button ID="SendButton" Text="Send" runat="server" />
</form>

Hi, I have made a chat project before , but it uses Asp.NET,JAVA,Red5,actionscript,javascript. It was totaly a hard project.I used red5 for datastreaming,actualy our program includes not only chat system but also video conferans system.Therefore I used Red5 on VPS, and actionscript to make connection with red5 and flash web cam.I develop some small functions on JAVA for enhancing red5 application.Finally I put flash in ASP.NET pages.

If you want more detail on project, mail me over here.

Hello guys,

Thanks for you valuable reply.

Please help me.

Dear, daniwebcomuser - I want to run chat only. so you can help me with your project.
Please help me to give me one sample code with example.

Thanks in advance.

jack

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.