Hi!
I am facing a peculiar issue.

I have four update panels in an aspx page and each contains a Timer with Interval increasing by 1 millisecond, each inside a webpart.

The issue is the first timer is triggering correctly but when the 2nd timer is triggered then it is triggering the previous webpart then the content of the second.

As a whole I observed that every timer is triggering the whole page and the whole page load is getting.

I need an urgent solution for this problem.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

have you tried setting the UpdateMode property for each of the UpdatePanels to conditional?

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel2" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">

The default mode is "Always" which will cause each update panel to also update any other update panels on the page. If you want the update panels to work independently then they need to be set to "Conditional"

UpdateMode was already set as "Conditional" but still the same issue is observed.

I have a thought that I would like to share. Is it due the reason that I am disabling the Timer but it is not disabling? Because the 1st Timer's Interval is set as "1 millisecond", the 2nd is "2 milliseconds", the 3rd is "4 milliseconds" and the 4th is "4 milliseconds".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.