Hey everyone,
Basically everything im trying to do is summed up in the subject line. I have a "DatePicker" control on my site, that when a date is selected, is displayed in the textbox as "April 12, 2012" or whatever the subsequent date may be. However, when I save this into my DB in a "Date" field, it saves in the format of "2012-04-12" which is fine with me, I just need to know the function in order to compare the DB value to a value in the DateSelector textbox. This is for a system I am building in case a user wants to "edit" a previously stored record, in case they change the subsequent date.

I have tried using
DateTime.Parse(PlanAdmit).ToString("YYYY-mm-dd")

but get the error of;
Conversion from string "YYYY-00-16" to type 'Date' is not valid.

When the date selected was April, 16 2012

Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you for your time,
NickG

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Use MM instead of mm (minutes)

DateTime.Parse(PlanAdmit).ToString("YYYY-MM-dd")

hi Nick ...

Try this..........

DateTime s = DateTime.Now; //Declare date time variable
   String S_Date = s.ToString("MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss tt", System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture); //Convert to desired format
   System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo("en-US"); //dd/MM/yyyy
   s = DateTime.Parse(sate); //assign back to datetime variable...

once you have converted date time to this format you can directly insert to database............
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.