I got this code to show my blogger feed:

<legend><h3>Blog Feed</h3></legend>
  @if (ds.Tables.Count > 0)
  {
      foreach (DataRow row in ds.Tables[6].Rows)
      {

<p><a href="@row[5]" target="_blank"><br /><b>@row[5]</b></a></p>

<p>@ds.Tables[9].Columns[1]</p>                                          

}
      }

The problem is that the link displays correctly like http://blog.thecodingguys.net/2012/08/iis-404-file-or-directory-not-found-403.html but the link text also displays the url it should display the article title, however that is in table1 column 0.

Then I want a short descritpion of that which would go in <p></p> but that is also in table[9] and column 1 how can I get these values/ Been fighting this for 2 days..Currently this line:

<p>@ds.Tables[9].Columns[1]</p>

Just says content_Text (which is the column name, but I need the text!)

Edited by CriticalError

Contributors
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by hericles

You telling it to display the same thing as the href because you are referring to the same section of your dataTable

<p><a href="@row[5]" target="_blank"><br /><b>@row[5]</b></a></p>

If @row[5] is the URL for the link it won't suddenly also be the name of the article. If it is in position 0 in the table surely you should enter @row[0]?
For the description you should still be asking for the correct row column combination, e.g. ds.Tables[9].Rows[a][b] where a and b are the row and column to extract. You are simply asking for the column of the table so all can provide you with is the column name.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.