Bought webstore and using Lunarpages host, but cannot get past Parse errors in forum.php and forum_login.php to complete set up.
Errors read: Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_LNUMBER, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/pagan4/public_html/forum_login.php on line 23,
and Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/pagan4/public_html/forum.php on line 367.

I have tried several different tools to find the errors, but cannot find them.
If someone has any advice, it would be much appreciated...I know I have not posted the pages in question here, but would be willing to if someone thought they could help.

I will also admit that I am almost ignorant of all things like this, so please, if you post a reply to this, remember that and don't use big, scary words...lol

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Look at the line number, and then look at the prevouis command or varible. There needs to be a ; or , there.

If you post those 2 code segments we can tell you exactly what to do.

thank you, i will post them as soon as possible.

Look at the line number, and then look at the prevouis command or varible. There needs to be a ; or , there.

If you post those 2 code segments we can tell you exactly what to do.

Usually, I think it's best to post your code or part of the code you are having problems with. That way, other members can easily give you the solution.

Just a head's up :)

Thank you so much for your replies, I am sorry I have not complied with your advice until now, I have been convalescing after a lengthy illness and was unable to post the segments in question.
I shall do my best to remedy that here, though.. provided I have done this right!!

This is the segment of the forum.php with the error on line 367.. I have been told that the error could occur earlier than that line, so I'm posting lines 350-368 (i hope thats not too much).

or ($i=1; $i<=$looping; $i++) {

$counter = $end - $i;

$seekrecord = mysql_data_seek($query, $counter);

$data = mysql_fetch_row($query) or die("No records found!");

$nomor = $counter + 1;

if ((($i+1) % 2) == 0) $kolor = $color1; else $kolor = $color2;

$tgl = substr($data[3],8,2) . "-" . substr($data[3],5,2) . "-" . substr($data[3],0,4);

echo "<tr bgcolor="$kolor">";

This is the segment of the forum_login.php with the error on line 23, lines 10-24 posted.

include("forum_config.php");

function html_header() {

global $tablewidth, $default_font, $headlines;

echo "

<center><br>

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="$tablewidth">

Thank you so much for your help.. and sorry for the lengthy post.

You need to escape your quotes:

echo "

<center><br>

<table border=\"0\" cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"0\" width=\"$tablewidth\">

Please do us the favor of wrapping your code in [ code ] and [ /code ] tags. It makes it much easier to read, and helps distinguish blank lines in code from blank lines in the post.

i'm sorry..i'm really new to all of this, and i am unfamiliar with how to wrap the code??

Here's a simple example, note that you'll have to remove the spaces before and after the brackets to get it to work.

[ code ]
<?php
echo "Hello World!";
?>
[ /code ]

produces:

<?php
echo "Hello World!";
?>

I don't know about your browser, but in mine I see these instructions in the quick reply box as I'm typing a reply.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.