hey .. i have a gridview and i set allowpaging=true.
in the first column, i have a check box for choosing items..when i click on the second page of the gridview,
and click a button for update,
it doesn't recognize the changes i made in the previous record on the first page of the gridview.

how will i get the record of the previous page on the grid view even i navigate to many pages in the gridview??

thanks..
im using VB as code behind...

Edited by newbie26

Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by newbie26

how will i get the record of the previous page on the grid view even i navigate to many pages in the gridview??

Are you handling the update via code-behind? if so, did you include a gridview.databind() at the end of the update process?

yes..im populating the gridview via code:

me.gridview1.datasource=dataset

and i include databind..
me.gridview.databind()

is this what you mean?

Edited by newbie26

anyway, i managed to remain the checkboxes value even changing page. my problem now is that when i clicked the button for update, it doesn't recognize the previous page of the gridview with checked checkboxes.

i tried debugging it with printing the total number of checkboxes checked and it returns that it doenst include the previous page of the gridview..

help????

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.