Anyone tell me about patServer please.

Does anyone know where I can find instructions on how to use patServer - spent ages on the net trying to find a 'how to'. Specifically, where to put each of the files in one of their examples (say, tictactoe) and whether I need to use CLI to start patServer - if so how to do that. Adapting it for my purposes seems fairly straight forward but I just need to get an example running.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I think that patserver has been stopped as a project and the codebase and concept has been moved to PEAR::Net_Server, which is still being deveolped and improved. I would suggest having a look at that before doing to much with an unsupported bit of kit.

Thanks Urbansky - I have just finished updating patServer to php5 and adapting it to my project. It was a slog sorting out how it all fitted together but it is perfect for my uses. I visited Net_Server but it is all over the place and not fully sorted - will be good.
Thanks for your suggestions. I need sleep now!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.