Hi,
This is karthik. I got a problem in ASP. I want the user to upload an Image in which he will be selecting the image from his own local machine or any external device. After selecting the image by the user it ll be viewed by him. Now i don want to save the information to DB. After he finish all his information on that particular form if he press the save button then only the image should be saved. If he went half the way without saving means my image should not be saved. This is because of reducing the space in the server. Wat the prob i got is i need to specify the path of the local image. Can anyone please give a suggestion for this.

hey karthik :cheesy:

You have to save the image to ur server. Unless you do this you cannot do anything with that image. If the user presses "save" then you get the saved image path and do you operations. If he doesnot click "save" and goes to another page then you delete the saved image immediately.

I guess this works.

Thanks,
Chaitanya.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.