Hi all,,

the problem is that i have a link in jsp on which i have to open a new jsp page and at that time i want the parent window to be closed ...without any alert to be displayed...
plzz help

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

That has nothing to do with jsp. Ask on a Javascript forum how you might be able to cause a parent window to close after opening a child window.

The real question is, however, why don't you just simply open the new page in the current window?

If it is a matter of erasing the history, you can also do that through JavaScript without having to open a new window. Once again, ask on a JavaScript forum.

It's also not at all urgent.
Maybe in a decade or so someone we may be able to schedule someone to look at it, our calendar is filled with more urgent things to do (like reading nice books, watching movies, and talking to the dog) until then.

simple , use javascript.

<a href="javascript: self.close ()">Your line of code.</A>

simple , use javascript.

<a href="javascript: self.close ()">Your line of code.</A>

That will display an alert at least with IE, which the OP does not want.

I am not able to get you , in what you are trying to come out.

I am not able to get you , in what you are trying to come out.

I'm not trying to come out. :p What I am saying is that the original post had a requirement: i want the parent window to be closed ...without any alert to be displayed...

If you are going to do a self.close(), the page is going to give an alert in Internet Explorer "The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window" (OK/Cancel). So the solution you posted is not what the original question expected.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.