Hey ppl.
I've been working on this forever and cant seem to get it. I am developing a site in jsp using netbeans and i have an applet i want to add to a page.I know i have to use <applet> tags but i dont know what to put to call the applet. The applet is written in a normal java file that extends applet. Honestly i have never made applets before, let alone embed them in a jsp file. I've looked all over for how to do this, but i must be missing something. any suggestions?

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by peter_budo

you can make use of jsp plugins to call applets from jsp

for ex:

<jsp:plugin type="applet" code="Test.class" codebase="D:/project examples/Persisted_Project_File/build/classes/com/bean"
            width="250"
            height="50"

>

<jsp:fallback>
          <B>Unable to start plugin!</B>
     </jsp:fallback>

</jsp:plugin>

Edited by peter_budo: Keep It Organized - For easy readability, always wrap programming code within posts in [code] (code blocks)

1.Failed to notice that thread is 3 years old
2.Failed to read previous replies, otherwise would spot that valid answer already provided
3.Failed to use code tags
4.Failed, because absolute path to "D:\" drive is used in the code which obviously wouldn't work on server

Conclusion, thread close before another bright person brings more sunshine ...

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.