i have a site at http://cometorate.com/

i tried todo a cPanel move to my server here.
http://66.196.43.131/~cometora/

on the new server above i keep getting the errors below. i just dont know what any of this means. can anyone help?

Warning: fopen(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/online.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/cometora/public_html/onlineold.php on line 14

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/cometora/public_html/onlineold.php on line 15

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/cometora/public_html/onlineold.php on line 16

Warning: fopen(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/online.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cometora/public_html/onlineold.php on line 19

Warning: flock(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/cometora/public_html/onlineold.php on line 20

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/cometora/public_html/onlineold.php on line 22

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/cometora/public_html/onlineold.php on line 24

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It looks to me like the www folder for Cpanel is wrongly set. it operates in /home/cometora/public_html/ and it calls to /usr/local/apache/htdocs/. This might as well be intended behavior.

My guess would be that Cpanel has a configuration which defines what the root of the web server / Cpaneldirectory is and that is set to /usr/local/apache/htdocs/ while it should be set to /home/cometora/public_html/

Off course this is a guess, the first error is a permission error. It might to be that you need to chmod /usr/local/apache/htdocs/online.txt up to where the webserver can read it.

Good luck

It looks to me like the www folder for Cpanel is wrongly set. it operates in /home/cometora/public_html/ and it calls to /usr/local/apache/htdocs/. This might as well be intended behavior.

My guess would be that Cpanel has a configuration which defines what the root of the web server / Cpaneldirectory is and that is set to /usr/local/apache/htdocs/ while it should be set to /home/cometora/public_html/

Off course this is a guess, the first error is a permission error. It might to be that you need to chmod /usr/local/apache/htdocs/online.txt up to where the webserver can read it.

Good luck

how would i correct this? and as far as the chmon. it was already set to 0777

looks like the script is trying to access files outside the website scope (the folder it is allowed to access files in)
and also trying to change the permissions of some file
u should check the script or post in here

how would i correct this? and as far as the chmon. it was already set to 0777

i guess it should be 755

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.