Hello: H=green e=red l=blue (And repeat) l=green o=red

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by somedude3488

I think you did not understand me, I explain:
I wrote a chat program , I want when a user sends a message the message appears with mixed colors... the color of the first letter=green , the 2nd letter=red , the 3rd letter=blue and start over the 4th letter=green ,the 5th letter=red the 6th letter=blue and start over the 7th letter=green, 8th letter=red , 9th letter=blue .... until the message's end.

Honey you do realise the colour is rendered in html? The clever bit, i.e. first letter green second letter red, is done by writing code. Try it.

here i got it. i just wrote the code and lightly tested it. to make it fit with your program i need to now where the string thats being colored is coming from (mysql, ect.)

nevermind about the customizing. i made it into a function. lets say you have words contained in the variable $string, all you would have to do is call the function "color()" with the string that needs to be colored inside the parathesis ex. "color($string)" and the colored text will echoed onto the page.

Heres the color function code:

<?php
function color($str) {
$i = 0;
while ($i < strlen($str)) {
$letters[] = substr($str, $i, 1);
$i++;
}
$colors = array(0 => '<font color="green">',1 => '<font color="red">',2 => '<font color="blue">');
$i = 0;
$c = 0;
while ($i < count($letters)) {
if ($c == 3) {
$c = 0;
}
echo $colors[$c] . $letters[$i] . '</font>';
$i++;
$c++;
}
}
?>
This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.