Hi,

I got a web site with lots of french accents. I am not able to get the accents proper even after doing all the functions said in php.net. I tried even user documented ones... utf_decode also do not work:(

How to solve this issue.Request pointers

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Can you post what you've done? I have a site using UTF-8, and it took me a while to get it sorted out. Is your backend database ALSO utf-8? That made a *huge* difference for me. making sure my takes had default charset utf8

don't try and retro-actively change the charset, it'll wipe out the data. instead create a new table utf8, and select into it. then rename it.

commented: perfect! I solved this part. +3

Can you post what you've done? I have a site using UTF-8, and it took me a while to get it sorted out. Is your backend database ALSO utf-8? That made a *huge* difference for me. making sure my takes had default charset utf8

don't try and retro-actively change the charset, it'll wipe out the data. instead create a new table utf8, and select into it. then rename it.

I tried. yep, i build a new database and tried to insert the data. No help.

sorry , by the way thanks for the patience and the pointer. Happy weekend..

Thanks once again

hari

I tried. yep, i build a new database and tried to insert the data. No help.

sorry , by the way thanks for the patience and the pointer. Happy weekend..

Thanks once again

hari

hi ,

Again a "Hi". Thanks. Yeah.. u said it right. i created a new DB and then imported the sql ith utf8.

It helped.

Thanks once again.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.